- Use Your Library
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- Virgin Islands Next Generation Network (viNGN)
- Friends of St. Thomas Public Libraries
- Friends of Elaine Ione Sprauve Public Library
- Friends of St. Croix Public Libraries
- Library of Congress (LOC)
- Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI)
- National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled Library of Congress
- St. John Community Foundation
- About USVI Public Libraries
Florence Augusta Williams Public Library
Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Enid Maria Baa Public Library and Archives
Athalie McFarlene Petersen Public Library
Elaine Ione Sprauve Public Library
Charles Wesley Turnbull Regional Public Library
Phone: (340) 774-0630
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Charles Wesley Turnbull Regional Public Library has been OPEN to serve adults and children since July of 2013. Operating hours are from 9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
The Charles W. Turnbull Regional Public Library is located at the northern end of the Tutu Park Mall. Public access to the library is though the gated driveway entrance at the northeast corner of the Plaza Extra parking lot.
A ceremonial groundbreaking was held in September 2006, but no work begun until 2009. The building was completed in 2013.
St. Thomas-based Balbo Construction was the selected successful bidder for the approximately $22 million library project with Jaredian Design Group as the architect.
On June 17, 2013, DPNR- Division of Libraries, Archives, and Museums launched a "soft opening" of the public library on a limited basis. A grand opening is being planned in the near future.
- A 5,000-square-foot general reading room.
- A wing with a 3,500-square-foot children's room, featuring a storyteller's platform and murals.
- A wing with a 3,500-square-foot Caribbean room.
- A 2,500-square-foot young adult area around a railed mezzanine.
- A 1,250-square-foot public auditorium with seating for about 100 people.
- Headquarters for the computer system that serves all territorial libraries.
- Display cases in the lobby and two wings for ancient Indian artifacts, including pottery, tools and jewelry that were found in the area when Tutu Park Mall was constructed.
Both the Athalie M. Petersen Public Library and the Elaine I. Sprauve Public Library are temporarily closed for capital improvement renovations and repairs. The Department of Planning and Natural Resources issued press releases regarding the Department of the Interior Office of Insular Affairs Capital Improvement Project Grants.
Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped offers books cartridges, DS1 or DA1 Machines that are used for playing books for hearing impaired patrons. Regional Library also offers headphones, and Braille Audio Download also known as BARD.
All DPNR-Public Libraries offers basic technological support at their Public Computer Center (PCC-Labs). Printing is $1.00 for color and $.50 for black and white copies per page.